Hi dear reader! It pains me to inform you that I am currently serving my military service for Taiwan. I will be done in May of 2013, so until then posts will be sporadic. I hope that this doesn't deter you from checking back often as I will attempt to provide content whenever I can. Thanks!

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Hooters Taipei


Address: No. 18, Qìngchéng Street, Songshan District Taipei City. 台北市慶城街18號

Telephone: (02)2716-5168

Hours: S-Th 11:30AM-Midnight ; F&Sat 11:30AM-1:00AM



Alright, this was a guilty pleasure that I had to get out of the way.  Ever since I happened to amble by this particular Hooters establishment during one of my first few days back in Taiwan, I've been very curious to see if those orange shorts were as bright as I pictured in my head.  The opportunity finally arrived in the form of my buddy visiting from the States.  It just so happens that we share some of the baser thoughts that occasionally cross men's minds, so it was off to Hooters for lunch.  

 Where are the girls? We were wondering the same thing.
Class hooters fare. Wings and an appetizer platter.

We got here essentially right at noon on a Monday.  The area around Hooters is rife with businesses, so I don't think i'm out of line in saying that how dare they only have two girls working during the main lunch hour!?! Excuse me while I compose myself.  Okay... much better, but really, I understand that some people do claim that they come to Hooters for the food, but who are we fooling here?  I accept that the food was passably good for what it was, but in the end, the food is really just the side players to the employees that work at Hooters.  

 The four horsemen app platter.  Fatty fatty fried goodness. Onion rings, breaded mushrooms, potato skins, and fried mozzarella sticks.  It tastes exactly like the same incarnations of these foods you've had at multiple places.  
Pretty good happy hour that runs for a long time.  Buy one Carlsberg and get one for free.  Nice frosty mugs.

Now, don't get me wrong.  The girls were very very friendly and were of course attractive.  But you come into Hooters expecting something more, and on that front, not having more workers on hand was a rather large oversight in my opinion.  
I guess I should expand on the food a bit more.  They have everything you'd expect from an American restaurant chain such as this.  Things like burgers, ribs and other fried goodies inhabit the menu, but what Hooters is known for (other than the previously mentioned orange shorts) are the wings.  And they were indeed very tasty and flavorful.  We had five wings each, and that number could've have easily been doubled or tripled if we weren't being careful.  

 Our server Lara.  Putting on a show with the hoola hoops.  Impressive.  They have little shows like this multiple times a day.

Wings. Duh.


So what's the verdict? I think the commercials use to say, 'come for the girls, stay for the wings.'  And there is some truth to that.  Was I hoping to come here to meet the girl of my dreams? Clearly not, but the point I was making was that when you market your restaurant as such, you better deliver on that promise.  And although it was just one trip, I felt that that promise wasn't carried through.  Perhaps there will be a return trip in my future when more of my tourists friends pay me another visit, but until then, I can only judge on the merits from this one outing to Hooters.  

Overall Hooters Taipei receives: 

Til next time - some more treats for your eyeballs.




Your very own photo op.




No comments:

Post a Comment