Hi dear reader! It pains me to inform you that I am currently serving my military service for Taiwan. I will be done in May of 2013, so until then posts will be sporadic. I hope that this doesn't deter you from checking back often as I will attempt to provide content whenever I can. Thanks!

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Quick Hits - L'Air Cafe Neo Bistro 風流小館


Address: No. 5, Lane 164, Jinhua St. Taipei Taiwan.  台北市大安區金華街164巷5號

Telephone: (02) 3343-3937

Hours: 11:30AM-9PM (2PM-5PM is crepes only)


This was one of those instances where being full or hungry had little to do with our plans.  We were coming here, the size of our lunch be damned.  The original plan was to attack L'Air Cafe Neo Bistro for our entire afternoon meal, but things sometimes never work out the way you want them too.

So instead of taking in everything L'Air Cafe Neo Bistro had to offer, the sister and I settled for some crepes and to just take in the general atmosphere of this newly opened restaurant.

Just. Coffee. Pretty.

Let us first start off with the decor.  It is simple yet substantial and speaks volumes without saying a lot.  My favorite combination.  The interior somewhat mirrors what the chef is trying to do with her food in a lot of respects.  Stay simple yet really really pack a powerful punch.

Head Chef Dana Yu has created a name for herself through her work at notable establishments such as L'Atelier Joel Robuchon and Justin's Signatures.  With her training at the highest levels of French cuisine, Chef Yu has a strong desire to create something epicurically awesome (I just made that term up), but doing so without too much complication (at least this is what I read...).
This is another entry into the crowded market of cafes/bistros that are sprouting up throughout the city, but I dare say L'Air Cafe Neo Bistro if it doesn't offer up something different, then at the very least it brings class and elegance to the field.

Banana and Chocolate Crepe.  Light, airy, fluffy and not too heavy.  How a crepe is suppose to be I think, but I have the admit, I enjoy the crispy versions that can be found in night markets and shopping centers throughout the city as well.

There are a la carte options available on the dining menu, but from what I heard, it appears that the set meal for 2200NT is the ONLY way to go if you bother to come here.  The menu changes weekly based on the ingredients in the market, so one doesn't have to worry about coming here and experiencing the same standard fare over and over.


Lunch is between 11:30AM and 2PM, while only crepes and some select items are served between 2PM and 5PM, while 5PM til closing is of course dinner service.

Look I know this review will have to be fleshed out.  Only the bones exists for now, the meat will have to wait. But i'm highly anticipating my opportunity to experience L'Air Cafe Neo Bistro in all its glory.  For now, the crepes are delicate and I'm sure stay true to their French origins.  It's located in the ever Popular 永康街 (Yong Kang Street), where some of my favorite food can be found.  

If this is a test run, then L'Air Cafe Neo Bistro 風流小館 is sitting pretty with wonderful pole position.  

-Til Next Time-

No comments:

Post a Comment