Hi dear reader! It pains me to inform you that I am currently serving my military service for Taiwan. I will be done in May of 2013, so until then posts will be sporadic. I hope that this doesn't deter you from checking back often as I will attempt to provide content whenever I can. Thanks!

Monday, February 20, 2012

Yiou Sushi - 游壽司


游壽司
Address: 台北市麗水街18-2號
Telephone: 02-2322-5531



Second Location 游壽司二店
Address:台北市大安區麗水街7巷7號
Number:(02)23919298
Hours:11:30~14:30.17:30~21:00 (週一公休)







For me, a love letter to sushi would be such a simple thing to write.  I would tout all its virtues and go on at length about the way it makes me feel.  How it makes me believe in all the good things about the world and how the rest of my life can be enriched by its mere presence. Sadly, the letter would end with words stained with my tears.  
'Ultimately, we come from different worlds, and i can't spend every day with you because i would like to keep some of my possessions, and being with you is crippling my bank account.'    Not the most romantic end I know, but facts are occasionally hard to bear.  


Started the meal with some chirashi.  Light, fish was very fresh.  As you can see, it wasn't a particularly large portion, but it definitely hit the spot and it being very pretty to look at definitely helped the cause.


With that said though, Japanese food like all cuisine, comes in a variety of price ranges.  But the difference with Sushi and a lot of other food is that the quality that you pay for is almost immediately discernible.  Your taste buds should be able to tell the difference between a grade A wagyu kobe beef burger and a big mac.. but there are still ton of people who will enjoy that big mac and scarf it down happily (raises hand).  But a brownish piece of week old fish? No thanks.. I realize this isn't an exact comparison, but I think you realize the point i'm making.  That there is almost no point in eating sushi if it doesn't meet some passable test of quality.


Buttery Uni.  Very fresh and hit the spot.





Yiou Sushi passes all such tests with room to spare.  There are two locations and we went to the smaller more intimate restaurant with seating for about 8-10 (bar only).  I have yet gone to the other one, and an update will follow as soon as i do.  Why i made such a big fuss about the price of sushi earlier is because Yiou Sushi manages to provide fantastic quality of fish for much cheaper than many of its counterparts in Taipei.  A piece of Uni will run you about 180NT at Yiou, while most other places of similar quality you can expect to pay double that.  Who doesn't love quality on the cheap? Isn't that basically what everyone is striving to do at all times... to find that perfect deal? 



Some sublime Aji and seared Salmon. Sublime!

The area has many interesting shops and other tasty treats for you to peruse at your own leisure.  Yiou Sushi is full of win and if i'm not careful... i'll start another rant about my one sided love for sushi.  


Overall Yiou Sushi 游壽司 receives:




For pure awesomeness of price and quality.






Till next time- some more treats for your eyeballs.





-EDIT-


Pictures from the second location.  Essentially same quality, but slightly bigger store.  Not many more words are necessary... i'm sure pictures will suffice for the time being.



Probably seats two and a half times as many people as the other location.

 Visual representation of the two joints.



No comments:

Post a Comment